Thursday, November 15, 2012

Home Part 2: Dining Room & Kitchen

Welcome to my dining room and kitchen!

 
We knew right away that we wanted to make this nook into a little bar. I think it turned out so cute!



This table and these chairs are both my pride and joy while also being the bane of my existence. My sister and I picked them up for $10 at a neighbor's garage sale. It was pretty scruffy and some of the tiles were missing and broken, but Ashlee and I decided we could use a DIY to keep us busy. I channeled my inner Rachel Denbow, DIY Queen, and we stripped paint, sanded, primed, painted, tiled, grouted, etc. It was so time consuming and probably took us a few months to complete everything, but I love how it turned out. I am looking forward to sharing many meals with friends and family here.

Fresh lavender from the Farmer's Market 

Sliding doors between the living room and dining room. 

Can we talk about this adorable built-in for a moment? Love! A couple years ago my mom cleaned out her china cabinet and Ashlee and I boxed up things we'd want "someday". I think it's so cool that I have a place to display these beauties from both of my grandmothers and my mom.



Sweet Archibald came out to say hello!


The RED walls and the mosiac countertop sure liven up the kitchen. Note the juicer and David's Tea....my new vices.

Thermos and canteen courtesey of dad cleaning out the garage.

1 comment:

  1. Such a cute little place! Can't wait to see more!

    ReplyDelete