Wednesday, August 22, 2012

victory?

In a small way God answered our prayers yesterday. I guess I shouldn't say small. God DID answer our prayers yesterday. At least our prayers for Kathy to receive the minimum sentence.

However the fact that she'll be eligible for parole after 10 years doesn't seem like a victory. Especially when those of us who know and love her believe in her innocence.

Nearly 50 people wrote letters to the judge on her behalf. That number is unprecedented! Those of us who know her know she is incapable of the crime she was charged with. I thank God that she received the minimum sentence, but nothing was "won" in that courtroom yesterday.

My heart is broken. For her. For her family. For the life lost.
So many of us are crying out to God. For justice. For mercy. For redemption.

She has a long road ahead of her. And I will be there. I will not lose hope.


No comments:

Post a Comment