Tuesday, August 21, 2012

sentence

So today is a big day. A dear family friend has her sentencing this afternoon. For a serious crime I strongly believe she did not commit. To the depths of my soul I believe in her innocence. Today I am begging for prayers. Prayers for truth, for the minimum sentence (for the charges to be overturned later and ultimately freedom) and peace for her and her family.

I've been writing to her every week since the conviction at the beginning of June and last week I was out of words so I opened my Bible. This is what I came across.

"Stand up, God; pit your holy fury against my furious enemies. Wake up, God. My accusers have packed the courtroom; it's judgment time. Take your place on the bench, reach for your gavel, throw out the false charges against me. I'm ready, confident in your verdict: 'Innocent.' " -Psalm 7:6-8, The Message

It absolutely took my breath away and I furiously began writing to share these words with her. I trust that God's hand is in this. I do not understand the hows and whys, but I am praying fervently for God's mercy and redemption. Please pray with me today.

[6.6.12.]
[6.1.12.]
[5.2.12.]
[10.8.10.]

No comments:

Post a Comment