Sunday, July 1, 2012

SexyBack Check In #1

So I'm a big loser who can't even manage to check in the first week of a challenge. I have this fun (NOT) habit of sabotaging myself. Whether it is finanically, physically, emotionally, etc., when I start to excel at something I manage to completely do the opposite of what I intend and royally screw myself over. It's not pretty.

I suppose that is what this challenge is for...to hold us accountable and help us move forward despite the mistakes we make. I think this challenge will test my self control, which, let's face it, needs some improvement.

So let's go over my goals and how I did last week.

Physical:
One evening of Ballet Beautiful Body Blast
One evening of walking for 30+ minutes
One day of cleaning the house and washing my car

However, I need to work on the not drinking soda. Coke seems to be my downfall, especially when I'm stressed. I'm working on swapping it out for tea and water. Hopefully next week will be better.

Mental:
I did fairly well practicing piano, but I missed yesterday. I'm learning a difficult piece (all you long time piano players would probably laugh at that) and it's so frustrating to practice because my hands aren't listening to my brain. It makes me feel like giving up. Plus everytime I sit down to play I'm reminded that my teacher is leaving before too long and I'm going to miss her. This next week I want to play through any of my frustrations and look at it as a challenge because I love getting lost in the music.

Spiritual:
I don't think I've ever been in Scripture daily like I've been lately. Even if it's just a few verses, I am hearing God speak to me and it's always to encouraging, especially with life being crazy lately.

So even though this week wasn't great and I'm a day late and a dollar short checking in, I am blessed with another week to start over and give it my all. I'm blessed with grace.


No comments:

Post a Comment