Friday, June 29, 2012

ombre

Hi sweet friends! How are you darlings?  I'm very much looking forward to this weekend. I anticipate it will be a busy one: cleaning house, doing laundry, apartment/house hunting, painting, and perhaps going to see Moonrise Kingdom. Until it begins, I thought I'd share with you about last weekend.

My amazing stylist, Karina, was back from maternity leave so it was finally time to get my hair done. I wasn't exactly sure what I wanted to do, but I wanted to stick with red and make it fresh and fun for summer. She suggested ombre and because I trust her with my life, I let her go for it. I sat with foil in my hair that made my head three times it's normal size. The salon was bustling with a wedding party and the young girls were staring at me like I was from another planet. They have so much to look forward to!

I've never done anything quite like this before, but I love how it turned out! After my sister, Ashlee, and I left the salon we took a leisurely walk downtown, grabbed lunch and then found French macarons at the co-op. It ended up being such a lovely afternoon. I can only hope this weekend is as wonderful. Happy Friday!

Top/Sweater: Marshalls
Sunglasses/Jeans: Target
Sandals: Forever 21
Jewelry: Premier Designs



No comments:

Post a Comment