Sunday, May 13, 2012

we think we'll keep you

I feel so blessed to part of my family. We are crazy and have fun. Occassionally there are fights, but we always work through it. They have always supported my choices and cheered me on. I appreciate that my parents have invited me back into their home as I've struggled financially. I know that they will always have my back.

I remember leaving for college. I appreciated that I could call my mom any time; to share my life, to ask help with recipes, to laugh and cry with, to pray with. I am blessed to not only be my mom's daughter, but also to be her friend.

A month or so ago my aunt gave my mom an envelope full of old pictures of her. I was given permission to share a couple.

My mom set this one up. I love her whiskey and glasses. Can you see title of her book? How to Catch and Hold a Man. She has the best sense of humor. I want to recreate this! Haha!


I especially love this one. It means even more since I've started taking piano lessons. Plus she is sitting cross-legged on the bench. I do that when I practice. Now I know where I get it!


Happy Mother's Day! This one's for you mom! (I've been singing it all day!)

No comments:

Post a Comment