Wednesday, May 23, 2012

[UN]hindered

This past weekend my sister and I were blessed to attend the Beth Moore event in Boise. I had heard of Beth Moore, but I had never read any of her books or Bible studies. My sister and debated whether or not we should spend the money on the tickets, but we decided that neither of us would regret going and we both needed to be spiritually fed. We were both so blessed this weekend. I am so grateful to Beth for sharing her time, her heart and God's Word.



There is so much that I am still pondering in my heart, but I did want to share with you some of what God is teaching me.

Beth spoke about Hebrews 12:1, "Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us THROW OFF EVERYTHING that HINDERS and the sin that so easily entangles. And let us RUN WITH PERSEVERANCE the race marked out for us." It was refreshing to really dive in and immerse myself in scripture this weekend.

Here is the long list of the questions I had to ask myself when I got home from the weekend:

What is hindering me?
Do I find comfort in those things?
Do I use them as an excuse?
What would my life look like if I was unhindered?
How can I become unhindered?
Will I allow these hinderances to define me and control me OR will I define myself and my life by WHOSE I am?
Will I be obedient to God?
Will I TRUST him with my life?
What has God called me to?
What am I going to give my life to? What do I hope to do?
Is someone hindering me?
Am I hindering someone?
Am I holding hands with Satan?
Will I allow myself to be pruned, disciplined, rebuked, and restored? Or will I fight against it?
What are my spiritual gifts?
Will I use them for God's glory?
Will I live BOLDLY and UNHINDERED?

As you can see, God placed a lot on my heart this weekend and I have a lot of seeking to do.

Some lessons that I came away with are:

I cannot live life UNHURT, but I can live life UNHINDERED.
I CAN REFUSE to let my circumstances control me and hinder me anymore. I have a choice!
Seek God and His TRUTH! Submit and surrender to God.
Maintain self-control and flee from the devil.
Jesus long to FULLY RESTORE me!
I want to live life FEARLESSLY, in FREEDOM and UNHINDERED.

What is God teaching you lately? Do you have any Beth Moore book/study recommendations?


2 comments:

  1. I've done a few of Beth Moore's study and I just adore her! I highly, I mean HIGHLY, recommend her Daniel bible study. It's life changing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never read any of her books either, but I did see her speak at Passion this year. I may be able to send you that talk??

    ReplyDelete