Wednesday, May 16, 2012

contentment

God has placed so many things on my heart lately, especially the topic of contentment. That last two and a half years (let's be real, nine years) I've been stirred up, trying to find my way. It has been easy to be dissatisfied with the way my life has gone. However I'm learning that, "If God is all you have, you have all you need." I love that. At times it has felt like I've been stripped down to nothing, but the one thing I'm left with is the most important. I can always rely on God, no matter what my circumstances.

"I am not saying this because I am in need, for I have learned to be content whatever the circumstances. I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want. I can do all this through him who gives me strength." Philippians 4:11-13

1 comment:

  1. I love how the verse says,"I have learned the secret....". Boy do I want in on that secret because contentment can be such a struggle!

    ReplyDelete