Thursday, May 10, 2012

clean slate

Sometimes you need to take a step back from whatever it is you are doing, take a deep breath and clear your head. I've been needing to do that all week, but life has been going non-stop and I can't seem to catch up. There are so many things I want to do, to share about and to accomplish, not just on my blog, but life in general. I feel like God is stirring up my life.

I really appreciated reading Elizabeth's blog post today about Clearing My Head. I think I'm at the same point she is, where I need to take a step back from blogging, from commitments and examine my priorities and simplify my life. I want to share things on here that matter and that I'm passionate about, not just slop something together that I think you want to hear. It is easy to get caught up in blogging to gain followers or popularity.

Maybe I'm making a huge jump here, but I've also been thinking a lot about what I want my life to look like. As I've said MANY times previously, my life has not gone how I planned and I'm okay with that. However I want to live intentionally, set goals for myself and strive to be better. I'm tired of my excuses for why I'm not where I want to be. Yeah, there are circumstances outside of my control, but I CAN control MY actions.

I guess what I'm getting at is that I'm ready to turn over a new leaf. Here is to beginning again!


No comments:

Post a Comment