Tuesday, April 17, 2012

peace

Oh my. I cannot believe life lately. So many hard things have been happening lately. Not necessarily to me, but people I know and people I care about. My coworker's husband passed away unexpectedly on Monday. My great aunt found out her cancer has returned. My dad has had two surgeries in the past two weeks. Work has been especially busy. Need I go on? It's just been a lot.

Despite all these things I am so grateful that I have hope in Jesus. While all these things feel so overwhelming I am trying to remember that I can give my worries, anxieties, and fears to God. I love the scripture, 1 Peter 5:7, "Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you." We are called to cast: throw, hurl, fling our anxiety away. Get rid of it. Give it to God. In God we find peace that will bring us through these hard times in life. For that I am so grateful.

*

2 comments:

  1. it's scary enough to go through life without Jesus walking next to us... I mean, I can't imagine losing the people close to me. (although, I know I will, someday)
    But if I didn't have my faith... I don't know where I'd be.

    ReplyDelete