Wednesday, April 4, 2012

one in a million girl

I know that last year I wrote a lot about books that I read, but I don't think I've written about any this year. I've been reading like crazy. Five books in the past week!

Have I ever mentioned how much I LOVE Karen Kingsbury books?! She is one of my favorite authors; I have read every one of her books (40+). Last year, (or was it the year before?) I think I gave her book Unlocked as a gift to at least 4 friends.

Her characters are some of my best friends. One of my best friends is Bailey Flanigan from the Bailey Flanigan series. (Leaving, Learning, Longing, Loving. Also, mentioned in Baxter series #s 1, 2, & 3 and Above the Line series.)

Bailey is a young woman from Indiana, who is a gifted singer and dancer and has a large, loving family. Bailey strives to seek God's will for her life and is navigating life after college. Bailey was inspired by Karen's own daughter Kelsey, who is a "one in a million girl" just like Bailey. I have learned so much about life, faith and the person I want to be through reading Karen's books.

I appreciate her honesty and the way she tackles difficult issues in her books. I recently finished reading the Bailey Flanigan series books, Longing and Loving. Bailey's journey brought tears to my eyes as I watched God work in unexpected ways. It reminded me a lot of my own journey, in how unexpected my life has turned out. Despite the ups and downs I know and believe with all my heart that I can trust in God with the unknowns. Things have not turned out how I planned, but I know that God's plan for my life is better than I could have ever imagined.

Check out these trailers for the last two books in the Bailey series.




If you need a recommendation for a Karen book to start reading, I'm your girl!

CONNECT
Karen: youtube, facebook & twitter
Kelsey: twitter
Bailey: facebook

1 comment:

  1. I'm going to have to check these out! I used to work at LifeWay and we sold a ton of her books.

    ReplyDelete