Thursday, April 5, 2012

may the odds be ever in your favor

Okay you guys. I jumped on the nerd wagon. I've been wanting to read The Hunger Games Trilogy for awhile. I even put it on my 26 before 27 list. The wait at the library was way too long for me to be patient and I knew I shouldn't spend the money on the books, so my sweet friend, Janelle, sent her books to me and Ashlee to borrow. 

The books arrived Friday afternoon while I was home sick so I started reading. I had The Hunger Games finished and Catching Fire started before I went to bed Friday evening. On Saturday I finished Catching Fire and began Mockingjay. By Sunday afternoon I had finished the series. Obviously I couldn't put them down; I was so immersed in the stories. Suzanne created such a fascinating and heartbreaking world. 

Now I'm dying to see the movie! I hadn't seen previews so the entire time I was reading I kept picturing Gale as Seth Green. I think I have been watching too much Buffy the Vampire Slayer! I know he was never described that way, but I couldn't get Seth's image out of my head. I think the movie is going to blow my mind! I can't wait. Perhaps I'll go this weekend.

 *
 *
*

Have you read this series? Have you seen the movie? What did you think? Gale? Peeta?

No comments:

Post a Comment