Wednesday, February 22, 2012

live well


My blog has been more quiet this week than I expected. I figured that with having a four day weekend I'd be blogging up a storm. Instead my weekend was one of quiet, reflection and beauty. It was just what I needed. I embraced my time off, my getaway in the mountains and just disconnected from everything. There was much reflecting during my time in the mountains. 

Coming back has been hard. There were times over the weekend that I tried to plot ways to stay forever. It didn't help that I returned to utter chaos at work. It's like I want to take what I've learned and thought about over the weekend and apply it to my life, but there has been a disconnect along the way. It's always a challenge to come back from mountain top experiences (or just the actual mountain) to real life and the mess that comes with it. I feel different and I'm working out the faith lessons and challenges that I learned and faced this weekend. I'm hoping I'll be able to verbalize and share those on my blog in the coming weeks.



God is showing me that redemption is a better story than perfection. If man hadn't fallen, God's great gifts of mercy and grace would have no canvas on which to be displayed. -Tara Leigh Cobble, Orange Jumpsuit

Oh! Teach us to live well! Teach us to live wisely and well! ...And let the loveliness of our Lord, our God, rest on us, confirming the work that we do. Oh yes. Affirm the work that we do! Psalm 90:12, 17 MSG

No comments:

Post a Comment