Thursday, December 1, 2011

on the tv

It’s no secret that I love watching movies and TV shows. I’m a bit of a junkie. I know that it rots my brain and my eyes will forever be crossed and all that, but I just can’t help it. The same thing happens with books, I just get sucked into the story lines. I love the drama, the comedy, the action. Lately I’ve seen many good shows and movies and I wanted to share.


Drop Dead Diva- When I first saw previews for this show I thought it must be the dumbest show ever. Seriously, a pretty girl who dies and comes back as a lawyer? Luckily, one day I was bored and turned this one. I fell in love. Deb/Jane is so sassy and fun; and strangely enough I can relate to the dead girl who comes back to life. Plus, Fred, the guardian angel melts my heart. My sister and I even got our parents watching it.


Cyberbully- One Sunday I was sick in bed and decided to distract myself so I turned this on. Emily Osment and Kay Panabaker are in it, plus it's an ABC family movie. So duh, of course I'm going to like it. The title of the movie sort of gives away what it's about, but it's such an important topic. I've been the target of bullying before, but never cyberbullying. It was eye opening to see what teens these days are facing. And just a suggestion to any teens reading this: The internet is not your best friend or your diary. You do not need to put EVERYTHING you think, feel, breathe, like out there for the whole world to see.


Wild Target- Emily Blunt. Rupert Grint. Magic. I. LOVED. THIS. MOVIE. That's all I'm going to say. You must see it.


You Again- I don't know how I waited so long to see this movie! Marni's brother is about to marry the mean girl who made her life hell in high school. It's a fun movie about changing your ways and second chances.


Revenge of the Bridesmaids- So I like ABC family movies. So sue me. Hey maybe Deb would represent you. I digress. I just realized there is another mean girl in this movie too! I'm sensing a theme. I'm also getting off topic again. So what is this movie about? Undercover bridesmaids played by Joanna Garcia and Raven-Symoné trying to sabotage a wedding. It's pretty silly, but very entertaining.


Karate Kid- I was pleasantly surprised with the new Karate Kid movie. Jayden Smith and Jackie Chan were great! Good life lessons.


Miranda- Jenny introduced me to this British show and it has quickly become one of my favorites. It's about a single woman who is 34 (read in her mid-twenties), she is a bit awkward in social situations and especially around men, she owns her own shop and has a crush on the chef at the restaurant next door. It's surprising how much I relate to her. I absolutely adore her!


Felicity- Oh, dear Felicity. What can I say about you? You are young and naive and are always embarrassing me with your angst and awkwardness, with your massively curly hair, your crush on Ben and friendship with Noel. I don't know what to do with you. I just can't seem to stop watching.

I'd love to hear what you've been watching lately. Anything I must see?

2 comments:

  1. I recently watched Breakfast at Tiffanies for the first time and LOVED it. Highly recommend if you haven't seen it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha, I LOVE Drop Dead Diva & Revenge of the Bridesmaids. Glad I'm not the only one with fairly ridiculous taste. :)

    ReplyDelete