Monday, November 14, 2011

the unexpected

I should know by now that life NEVER goes exactly how you plan. That seems to be the story of my life. This weekend was no exception. I got an unexpected phone call Friday while I was at work. My dad was attacked by a crazy neighbor cat after the cat tried to attack Blizzard. To make a long story short, my dad had to go to urgent care and we had to take the neighbor cat to the humane society to be quarantined in case it has rabies. The neighbors who own the cat are not exactly the friendliest and have a reputation for overreacting with other neighbors. After all that, the decision was made to stay home this weekend, so we missed my cousin's wedding. It's too bad, but I think we all really needed a weekend at home.



Speaking of the unexpected, yesterday morning I learned that one of our dear friends from church is moving to Las Vegas with her son. She has had some terrible things happen in her life lately and this move is a good opportunity for her to have a fresh start. I'm just so sad to see her go. Please say a prayer for guidance and wisdom for her as she and her son are making this new transition.


What unexpected things have happened in your life recently? Were they good or bad?

No comments:

Post a Comment