Wednesday, November 30, 2011

November Wrap Up and December Goals

No way is tomorrow December! (I think I said the same thing at the beginning of November.) I can't believe the year and my Happiness Project are almost over. It's been a challenging and busy month.

November: Food
-Read The Kind Diet by Alicia Silverstone
-Drink 2 Miir Bottles of water a day
-Don’t eat out more than twice
-Try going vegetarian
-Help cook family meals



This month's goals were more difficult than I initially thought they'd be. I haven't made it quite all the way through The Kind Diet, but I should be done in the next couple days. It's been very eye-opening. I KNOW that the food we eat has an effect on health, wellness, body, etc., but I don't know all the facts, details, etc.  It has definitely inspired me to think more about the food I'm putting in my mouth. The Kind Diet has been a good resource and I want to try some of the recipes in the back.

I don't think I've had EXACTLY 2 Miir Bottles of water every day, but I definitely upped my water intake. My friends know me as the girl who NEVER drinks water, so this is very good for me!

I'm not sure how many times we actually ate out. There were a couple nights that we were feeling too tired to cook, but we are all trying to be better about eating at home.

Going vegetarian was quite the challenge. Since Ashlee has gone vegetarian for over a year, we've eaten a lot less meat, so I figured it'd be no biggie. I quickly realized how prominent meat is in my life. I definitely stumbled through this month, but I think I'm on the right track and that going vegetarian is something I want to continue. Ultimately, I don't really want to label myself food-wise, I want to eat natural food that makes me feel good.

I've been doing so much better helping cook our family meals. So often by the time I get home from work I'm too tired to lift a finger. Last week I helped my mom make a delicious butternut squash lasagna and tonight I helped make a broccoli divan.

So December. The last month of the project. December is for Happiness. It is my boot camp month, combining all the topics from throughout the year. Now, I don't expect I'll be able to do everything perfectly, but it's worth a try. My goals are as follows:

December: Happiness
-Exercise regularly
-Finish my 2007 album
-Regular devotions
-Send Christmas cards
-Pay extra on my student loan
-Study for my Electrical Systems final/get an A on the test
-Eat vegetarian

See past months Happiness Project wrap ups. January. February. March. April. May. June. July. August. September. October.

No comments:

Post a Comment