Monday, November 21, 2011

home

I've been wanting to paint again for a long time. I go through weird phases...I get ideas for paintings in my head, but sometimes it will take me months to work up the courage to try putting my ideas on canvas. My most recent painting was no exception. I worry too much that what's in my mind won't translate exactly how I want it to when I sit down to paint. I was inspired by the pictures below that I found on pinterest. 

I LOVE the first two paintings and knew I wanted to use lines and color.
*

*

 With the next two pictures, I knew I wanted to incorporate lyrics using vinyl letters.
*

*

When I first attempted to paint on Saturday things did not go how I planned. By the time I finished I felt like an ugly rainbow threw up all over my canvas. Sunday I tried again, repainting my entire canvas, but it was challenging due to the fact that I was quickly running out of white paint and was too lazy to get more. I managed to have just enough and finished this afternoon. The really hard part about having to start over is having to hand paint the letters since I was out of the vinyl letters, but I think they turned out okay. I used the lyrics to Home by Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros. It is definitely one of my favorite songs right now. I've already hung this up in my bedroom....not that I really have room on my walls.


1 comment: