Friday, October 21, 2011

to my future spouse

Have you heard of/seen the website To My Future Spouse? Cory Copeland of Mad To Love began it. I spent more time than I would care to admit looking at it today. For over five years, I have kept a journal of notes, quotes and song lyrics to my future husband. While I desire to meet him, I am in no rush and am pretty content with my life as it is. All in God's time.

I was struck by many of the things that people wrote on the website. Some made me laugh, many made me roll my eyes and others made my heart skip a beat. Love is such an intimate thing, so seeing my own feelings written by others caught me off guard. It was especially interesting reading from the male perspective. I guess I don't really think about my husband longing or praying for me as I do him.

It kind of reminds me of Mandy's guest post awhile back. I had to share some of my favorites that I read today. For those of you who are single, what is something you want to say to your future spouse? For those of you who are married, did you write to your future spouse?
































Dear Future Husband:
Check it.

3 comments:

  1. wow! so sweet! I think I need to check out that website!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post Heather. I love reading what you have to say!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Neat! I haven't heard of that site before...

    I wrote a few letters to my generic "future husband" years and years ago, and then while I was dating my now-husband, Jesse, I wrote a lot of letters to him. I figured worst case scenario, I would just through away the letters if we didn't end up getting married.

    I put them all together in a scrapbook and gave it to him on our wedding night. In hindsight, the scrapbook was a LOT of work to be putting together in the couple months leading up to our wedding - I think if I were doing it over again, I'd just throw them all in a box to give him. BUT, the letters are precious to read!

    ReplyDelete