Monday, October 31, 2011

October Wrap Up and November Goals


No way is October already over! That means it’s time to do some wrap up. My goals for this month were as follows:

October: Attitude
-Laugh out loud
-Use good manners
-Give positive reviews
-Find an area of refuge
-Take myself on a Heather date

As you can see, these goals were more difficult to measure than some of my previous goals. Like all the months before, this was a month of emotional ups and downs. During this month I faced a point where I was quite…upset. (I guess that’s the right word.) My time in Seattle made me realize that my life isn’t where I want it to be. I was faced with a choice. To continue to wallow or to make choices and set goals that will turn my life in the direction I want to go. While we can’t always help the things that happen to us in life, we ABSOLUTELY have a CHOICE on how we react.



It can easily be said that when I visited Seattle (which I will share pictures of soon) I laughed most of the time. I love spending time with my girls and we always have a great time together.

Using good manners and giving positive reviews were things that I was able to practice through my job. While I have been there for awhile, things are a bit different now that I am a permanent employee and I am dealing with more and more co-workers and customers. It is especially important that I am putting my best foot forward, displaying a positive attitude and being kind and courteous.

I don’t think I ever really found an area of refuge; at least not a consistent one. For a short time that refuge was Seattle, but that was only temporary. I think I’m going to have to work on finding one here.

I just about forgot about the Heather date that I wanted to take myself on. It actually ended up that I had a lot of down time/quiet time to myself on my work trip to Iowa. I had two evenings where I was able to snuggle into my hotel bed, watch anything I wanted on TV, read my nook, listen to music and eat chips and candy. (Not all at once of course!) It was so pleasant to have some time to myself so I could relax.

This month I learned that attitude really is everything. Life throws us curveballs all the time and remaining positive despite what happens it so important.


Here I am with two months left of the year, two months left of my happiness project. So what does November have in store? November is for food and here are my goals:

November: Food
-Read the Kind Diet by Alicia Silverstone
-Drink 2 Miir Bottles of water a day
-Don’t eat out more than twice
-Try going vegetarian
-Help cook family meals

No comments:

Post a Comment