Wednesday, September 14, 2011

up up update

Hey loves. Besides my commandments I’ve been fairly quiet on my blog. I think it’s time for a little update. So much has been going on personally and, I guess you would say, professionally.

Personally:
If you also follow my sister’s blog, you may have seen that our cousin and her husband were approved to adopt and have been praying and searching for their baby. The last week of August and beginning of September was quite the whirlwind for them. Long story short, they are the proud parents of a six week old baby boy and are FINALLY coming home after a week of waiting for paperwork. We will be having a baby shower on Saturday and I’m thrilled. We’ve been planning and crafting like crazy to prepare. I can’t wait to show you pictures. Their story is a reminder to me of God’s beautiful faithfulness.

Sunday our church had a LONG voters meeting to make a decision about calling a new pastor to our church. I was hoping for something quick and easy, but alas, we were there for almost three hours and had to vote four or five times. A decision was reached. It wasn't exactly what I had in mind, but I know that God is bigger than my opinions and He is part of the process. If you have a moment please say a prayer for our church. Whoever we get for a pastor has quite the job ahead of him, as does the congregation.

Professionally:
I am currently waiting to be hired on permanently by this temp employer that I have been working with for the past few months. My boss is just waiting on the green light. I don’t even have to jump through hoops or do an interview. Apparently my performance has spoken volumes. The president has enrolled me and my co-worker in a 4-week Electrical Systems class to give us knowledge so we can better communicate with the customers. It’s pretty intimidating to be one of two girls in an entire class full of linemen, but it has been fun and interesting. I even got 100% on my first test! Also, I am going to my very first work conference next week. It will be me, a few co-workers and the president of the school. I am so excited! Today is a long day of training to prepare for it, but it will be worth it.

Life isn’t going how I imagined it would, but I’m enjoying every moment of it. I feel so blessed to be where I am.

source

No comments:

Post a Comment