Friday, September 30, 2011

September Wrap Up and October Goals


I have a BIG announcement! I am officially EMPLOYED as a PERMANENT employee! WOO! I’m so excited! This has been a long time coming, as I’ve been temping there for nearly five months. I signed the paperwork yesterday! Plus, I will be going to Iowa for work at the end of October!



This opportunity reminds me that God ALWAYS provides for you, even if it’s not the way you imagine. After over two years of being unemployed and having random temp jobs, it is such a relief! Those of you who are employed might not always recognize how blessed you really are; don’t take it for granted. Those of you searching for work don’t give up and don’t lose hope!

Okay, enough of that. It’s time to wrap up my September goals.

September: Education
-Take a class (Electrical Systems through work)
-Read Unlimited by Jillian Michaels & re-read Reshaping It All by Candace Cameron Bure
-Learn a new activity (perhaps make macarons?)
-Practice guitar/Learn a song on the guitar
-Learn how to create a budget

I did take a class, but it wasn’t exactly what I had in mind when I originally was planning. My work signed me up to take the beginning, 4 week, Electrical Systems class with all the linemen. The president thought it would help me and my co-worker better communicate with our customers. Four weeks later and I’m pointing out power lines and naming the equipment on the poles. I’ve gotten A’s on the first three tests and am waiting to hear what I got on the one I took yesterday.



I did read both Unlimited and Reshaping It All. I highly recommend both. Unfortunately I didn’t take all the time I should have when reading Unlimited. I definitely want to read it again slowly and do all the activities.

I did attempt to make macarons with Ashlee. They didn’t turn out great…okay, so they weren’t even edible, but I did learn a lot while making them. I need to try them again. After all, I do want to become a macaron master.



Practicing the guitar and creating a budget fell to the wayside in the midst of my busyness. However, based on August, I did really good only buying needful things, and I completed baby step number one of Dave Ramsey’s Total Money Makeover.

So what is in store for next month, aside from more craziness? Well, October is about all about Attitude.

October: Attitude
-Laugh out loud
-Use good manners
-Give positive reviews
-Find an area of refuge
-Take myself on a Heather date

No comments:

Post a Comment