Friday, September 9, 2011

Commandment #12: There is only love

I guess it is fitting that this is my last commandment, as it really sums everything up. Life is about being you, enjoying the journey, being kind, living abundantly, learning and friendships. Everyone has struggles, hardships and pain, but we also have a choice of what we make of it. I choose joy. Let go of all the rest.


When you boil down everything in life, love is really the only thing that matters. Forget the drama, the comparisons, the money problems, and the fear. Forget it all. At the end of the day, what matters the most is the people who are by your side. I am blessed with a huge, loving family who has raised me with a foundation of faith. I am blessed with dear friends who have stuck by me through tough times. I know these people will be with me until the end. Due to, um…being human, I know we will let each other down from time to time, but these are people who I know I can trust and who love me exactly as I am.


More importantly I know that I have a loving Heavenly Father who sent His only Son, Jesus into the world for me. No matter what happens in this life I know that Jesus has overcome the world by dying on the cross for me and for you. What a beautiful reminder when things get tough. God’s love conquers all. There is only love.


Be Heather.
Be better, not bitter.
Enjoy now. Enjoy the process.
Keep it simple.
Don’t make comparisons.
Be kind.
Save more than I spend.
What would I do if I weren’t scared?
Grow.
Stay in touch.
Everything adventurous.

So now that I've shared my commandments with you, what are your commandments?

No comments:

Post a Comment