Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Commandment #10: Stay in touch

This commandment is actually more challenging for me than it sounds. Honestly, I am terrible at staying in touch with friends. It is a little easier if they live nearby, but even then I might see those friends once a month. And then there are all my friends who live out of state, maintaining those relationships is challenging.

I’m a walking contradiction. I LOVE my friendships. I THRIVE on them. I just stink at putting in the effort. My super lame excuse is that I dislike talking on the phone. I know. Lame.

I think it is safe to say that my friends know that I love them, but I want to put some action behind that love.

Friendships take a lot of work. It’s especially difficult to maintain and nurture those relationships when many of my friends are spread out all over the country. So that is where this commandment comes in. I want to make an effort. Whether it is texting more often, a comment on facebook, skyping, taking the time to write a handwritten card, sending a care package or even taking a trip, I want to be a better friend.

Dear friends,
Many of you live far from me. Others of you live close, yet we don’t see each other as often as I’d like. I miss all of you like crazy. I hate not being there and not knowing the everyday details of your life. I miss talking to you everyday about everything and absolutely nothing. I miss laughing with you. I miss going on random adventures. You have helped shape me and make me who I am. I hope and pray that you will forever be a part of my life. Thank you for allowing me to be myself with you. Thank you for accepting me as I am.

I love you dearly,
Heather

P.S. There is one friend who is like my little sister, but who I have never met in real life. Here’s a shout out to my darling friend, Amanda. We WILL meet this year! I want a picture of us together!









No comments:

Post a Comment