Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Twelve Commandments

At the end of last year I read The Happiness Project by Gretchen Rubin and was inspired to do my own Happiness Project which you may be following along with. (JAN, FEB, MAR, APR, MAY, JUNE, JULY) As she was working on her resolutions she saw common themes come out and from there she wrote her twelve commandments. I developed and shared my own last December, but I realized that I never really explained them.

My sweet friend Amanda wrote her own as well and she shared about what each one meant to her. I would like to do the same as a reminder for me why I am doing this project and help me become the woman I am meant to be. In the posts that are to come I am going to strive for authenticity because some of the topics are difficult and I know that there are others who share my feelings. It reminds me a bit of Mandy's recent post. It's time to get real and be vulnerable with each other.

No one has it all together; we are all just doing the best we can and that's exactly where my twelve commandments come in. So stick with me for the next couple weeks as I share and explain my twelve commandments. I would love to hear yours as well.

source

1 comment:

  1. Oooh, excited to read these! My commandments include: active gratitude, surrounding myself with good people and getting lots of fresh air and sunshine!

    ReplyDelete