Saturday, June 4, 2011

Springfield

Hi friends. Today was another long travel day. I ended up driving the whole way from Nashville to Springfield. I'm not sure why I didn't have one of the others girls drive for part of the way. I guess I was anxious to get to Springfield. :)


We had a little trouble with roads and navigation. Part of the highway we wanted to take was closed because of flooding, so it was a little anxiety inducing. Thank God for GPS! We arrived in Springfield around 3:30 and got checked into our hotel and freshened up. Then we went to downtown Springfield to stop in at Red Velvet. I've been wanting an excuse to come to Springfield to see Elsie and Emma's shop and the road trip made for a perfect reason to stop! It was just as adorable as I expected it to be and Elsie and Emma were just as sweet.


Honestly, I wanted to leave the shop with bags full of cute clothes, but I only left with a Starlette Sparkler by Giant Dwarf. We were all tired from traveling and it was hard to really look at all the clothes and the thought of trying them on was even more exhausting. I almost got one of the dresses from Elsie's collection, but it just wasn't quite the right fit. I suppose I'll just have to come back. ;)


From Red Velvet we went to dinner at a little Mexican restaurant. Yes, we also had Mexican last night. ;) Now we are unwinding and just about ready to crawl into bed. In planning for tomorrow, we realized that Lexington, Nebraska isn't as far away as we thought it would be, so it should be about 9 hours instead of the 12 I thought it was!

Emma. Jenny. Heather. Ashlee. Elsie.

Goodnight from Springfield.

2 comments:

  1. Aww cool!! That's where I live!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Heather!

    Your road trip sounds so excited! My sister and I have always wanted to pack up the car and travel across the U.S., but of course talking about it is much easier than planning it! I am the social media coordinator at Midwest Living magazine and we're working with Enjoy Illinois on a Facebook contest called, "Magnificent Getaways Giveaway Contest," which invites people to share recent magnificent Illinois experiences for a chance to win one of three one-of-a-kind, once-in-a-lifetime experiences in Chicago and across Illinois. The Grand Prize alone includes dining (for four) on the Ledge at Skydeck Chicago, Terzo Piano and Lawry's Prime, plus a stay at the Trump Tower and more! Another prize is a "History in the Making Getaway" in Springfield and a "Play and Stay Getaway" in Lake County. If this is something you're interested in you can enter one of two ways: http://www.facebook.com/enjoyillinois or on the contest website, http://magnificentgiveaway.com. Please feel free to contact me with any questions at helen.mason@meredith.com.

    Thanks!
    Hayley Mason, Social Media Coordinator for Midwest Living magazine, Meredith Corporation

    ReplyDelete