Sunday, June 19, 2011

Soul Surfer

My mom, sister and I saw Soul Surfer at the dollar theater this weekend. I was so surprised and completely blown away by this movie. It is about Bethany Hamilton surviving a shark attack in 2003 at the age of thirteen. AnnaSophia Robb did an amazing job, as did Helen Hunt, Dennis Quaid and Carrie Underwood! More than being a story about the triumph of the human spirit it is a beautiful testimony of faith. I cried and cried through the whole movie. I am looking forward to reading Bethany Hamilton's book.


Love is bigger than any tidal wave or fear.



I don't need easy. I just need possible.


Life is a lot like surfing because if you get caught in the impact zone you've got to get back up because you never know what may be over the next wave.



Media: Bethany! If you could go back to that day, would you not go surfing?
Bethany Hamilton: No, I wouldn't change a thing, because then I wouldn't be here talking to you, I can embrace more people now then I could with two arms.

4 comments:

  1. She is truly inspiring. I used to surf in high school, and I've been yearning to get back into it but have been so afraid of a shark attack/just the water in general as I've gotten older. Her story makes me want to jump back in... literally!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really want to see it! I tried to suggest it as a youth group outing, but Pirates 4 won that debate quickly :-P

    ♥ Bethany

    www.happyhomemaker.me

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved the movie soul surfer. The part were the arm was bitten off was scary. Good luck Bethany:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. woah. too awesome! bethany is so braaaaaave!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete