Friday, May 6, 2011

she took the midnight train goin' anywhere

This is probably the second or third time I’ve sat down to try and write a blog post this week. Everything in my head has been so scrambled that nothing I’ve started to write makes sense. And I don’t even have finals or projects to study for and complete like many of you do! (Good luck to those of you who do!) Even now I’m not sure exactly where this post is going or what my point is, but I suppose I’ll know when I get there. (Let's hope it's a good one!)

How many of you watch the television show, The Biggest Loser? I think it is safe to say this is my favorite show. Only for The Biggest Loser will I clear my Tuesday night schedule. When my sister and I moved home from California we quickly got my mom hooked on the show.

Four of my favorite contestants this season are the Aqua team: Marci and Courtney (mother and daughter) and the Purple team: Olivia and Hannah (sisters). I love their relationships with each other and how far they’ve come since they began their journeys. They started as broken people and have worked through their issues to become whole and healthy.

Marci and Courtney

Olivia and Hannah

One thing I love about this season above all previous seasons is that there seems to be less game playing and more teamwork. The contestants this season exude courage, integrity and strength, especially these four amazing women. It brings tears to my eyes just thinking about it. Each person is not only fighting for their health, but also for a better life. They are facing their fears head on and pushing through; it is beautiful and inspiring. I look up to and admire each of them.


Now, I am not on a weight loss journey, but I am on a journey to a better life (hence my Happiness Project). This show empowers me to become the best version of myself, physically, emotionally, spiritually and mentally.


My sweet friend, Amanda, reminded me in her blog post earlier this week, I am fearfully and wonderfully made and I have the power to make changes in my life. I need to think positively and take one step at a time.

From day to day I find how easy it is to get bogged down by life. (Hello, unemployed, single, 25 year old woman, living with her parents! I’m eight years out of high school and four years out of college and my future is still unclear!)


I’m tired of allowing my circumstances to define me! NO MORE! I want to be free! God is bigger than my circumstances and I am helpless without Him.


On twitter last month Rick Warren said, “God DOESN’T help those who help themselves. God HELPS those who admit they’re helpless to help themselves.” Instead of constantly telling God how big my problems are I need to start tell my problems how big my God is.

The future is scary. There are so many unknowns. But God is mighty and He is in control. All I can do is seek God and do my best.

source

3 comments:

  1. i LOVE you. and i LOVE this post. just what i needed to read :) God's got this all planned for you girl. no worries! xoxoxox

    ReplyDelete
  2. i really love how you said this: "Instead of constantly telling God how big my problems are I need to start tell my problems how big my God is." so good!! :)

    & i LOVE the biggest loser!!!! the purple team in my favorite!! yay!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really liked the part about telling your problems how big your God is! That is such a great way to think of it!

    ReplyDelete