Tuesday, May 31, 2011

May Wrap-Up and June Goals

I'm going to keep this post really short and simple because I am so exhausted. (Check out my original Happiness Project post here.)

May: Faith
-Daily devotions (create a quiet time habit)
-Pray more (keep a prayer journal)
-Read some C.S. Lewis and Dietrich Bonhoeffer
-Read the gospels (from both the NIV and MSG)
-Memorize one new scripture passage a week

May was been challenging, but in the best ways. (See here and here.) Unfortunately due to time I wasn't able to accomplish all my goals for the month, but I feel really good about where I am in my relationship with God and I am moving forward.

Daily devotions went fairly well in the beginning of the month because I didn't have a job, but as I jumped into working again it became more difficult to find a specific time every day.

I did pray more, but the journal only happened occasionally.

Reading Lewis and Bonhoeffer didn't really happen. I managed a couple pages in Letters from Prison by Bonhoeffer, but I got SO many books in from the library that had due dates, unlike my own books.

I only got through the gospel of Matthew in both NIV and MSG. I will definitely continue with the other gospels. It was insightful reading them parallel to each other.

The memorizing Scripture didn't happen.

So for June, my topic is Play! Such perfect timing with our trip to Savannah and our road trip!

June: Play
-Find more fun
-Take time to be silly
-Go off the path
-Start a collection
-Make time for friends

source

No comments:

Post a Comment