Sunday, April 10, 2011

frustration. future. faith.

A big thank you to my sister Ashlee for guest blogging/hacking last week!

This past week was slightly overwhelming, hence the lack of posts. I took an average of 200 calls a day and by the end of the week I just wanted this temp job to be over. You can only do the same thing so long before you start feeling like a soul-less robot. (Maybe that sounds harsh...) Friday afternoon I called the temp agency and asked if I could put in my notice and start looking for a new position. Therefore, tomorrow will be my last day at the position and I am very ready to be done.


Between letting go and one too many phone calls I am so emotionally and physically drained. I've been feeling so lost lately; I just don't understand what God is doing in my life. Everyone seems to have something they are working towards (school, graduation, moving, marriage, jobs) and I don't seem to have a future. (I'm not looking for pity here, really. This is just how I see it.) I just cannot see what I am supposed to be doing or working towards; nothing is clear and I feel useless.


Satan's lies were especially loud Friday night after work. I KNOW that I am fearfully and wonderfully made. I KNOW that God has a plan for me. I KNOW that God will provide for my needs. (He has an outstanding track record.) I KNOW these things with my head, but my heart is so broken and worried and unsure.

I have been reading a lot about faith lately, (The List by Marian Jordan, Cold Tangerines by Shauna Niequist, Extraordinary Faith by Shelia Walsh, Forgotten God by Francis Chan and Fearless by Max Lucado) and I believe that this time in my life is an opportunity for me to live my faith and put my trust in the Lord. I will be sharing insights and lessons learned from these books throughout the week.

Since after Monday I won't be working again until who knows when, I am making this week for seeking, prayer, reading Scripture, journaling, listening to music and spending time in the presence of God. I would appreciate if you could be praying for me this week. Thank you in advance dear readers.

source

1 comment:

  1. Love you, Heather!
    Praying for peace, contentment, and the trust that God has something amazing saved up and is waiting for
    j u s t t h e r i g h t t i m e.

    ♥ Bethany

    www.happyhomemaker.me

    ReplyDelete