I have endlessly been looking for the right job. You may remember one of my goals for the month is to apply to 10 jobs a week. That is SO not happening and I'm getting very discouraged. I find jobs that are career specific or don't pay enough or that I'm over qualified for. I've been searching online a lot: craigslist, simply hired, the department of labor, career builder, etc.
I wanted to lighten the mood and share with you twenty jobs that I DID NOT apply for today. I don't think they need any explanation.
1. Aquatic Group Fitness Instructor
2. Neurological Occupational Therapist
3. Security Guard
4. Dog and Cat Stylist
5. Karate Instructor
6. Taxi Cab Driver
7. Floral Designer
8. Meat and Seafood Manager
9. Taco Bell Restaurant General Manager
10. Middle School Vice Principal
11. Sprinkler Technician
12. Professional Tattoo Artist/Piercer
13. Hungry Neanderthal
14. Sous Chef
15. Easter Bunny
16. Country Bass Player
17. Wildland Fire Fighter
18. Asphalt Maintenance Laborer
20. Dancer (not the ballerina kind if you catch my drift)
Here are five jobs that I DID apply for:
1. Office Assistant at a dermatologist
2. JCrew Sales Associate
3. Administrative Assistant at a law office
4. Pre-school teacher
5. Medical Receptionist
I'm saying lots of prayers that I will find just the right position. I know that I could work at the fire center again from May-November if I needed to, but I don't think I could physically or emotionally handle it. I need a real job that will move me forward.
Do you have any tips or tricks for job searching?