Thursday, March 24, 2011

February and March Book List

Hello sweet friends. In January I shared my reading list with you. I actually ended up reading two more books after I posted that. It was a long list, more than I read in both February and March combined! I only got through two books in February and three in March. I want to share with you what I've been reading in my free time. I think you will start to see a pattern.

February

Radiant by Marian Jordan

I've mentioned Marian Jordan books in previous posts. Marian has amazing things to share about being a woman of Christ and she does it in such an honest and humorous way.


An Object of Beauty by Steve Martin

This was the first Steve Martin book I have ever read. I wasn't sure what to expect, but I found this story intriguing and some what heartbreaking. I enjoyed immersing myself into this world of art, paintings and galleries.


March

Cruel Shoes by Steve Martin

This book is full of funny essays. I shared this essay earlier this month.


The Pleasure of My Company by Steve Martin

I'll just say that this is a short novel about a guy with some interesting quirks. Here is one of my favorite quotes from the book.

"As much as I had resisted the outside, as much as I had constricted my life, as much as I had closed and narrowed the channels into me there were still many takers for the quiet heart."


Pure Drivel by Steve Martin

I just finished this today. I read it in between calls at work and it was cracking me up. Below are some of my favorite excerpts.

“You’re an a away from being a Martian.”

“The face reveals the heart, but sometimes it’s easier to change the face.”

“He fails to see that Los Angeles is a city of abundant and compelling almosts.”

“Sometimes, it is true, agony visits the head of a writer. At these moments, I stop writing and relax with a coffee at my favorite restaurant, knowing that words can be changed, rethought, fiddled with, and, of course, ultimately denied. Painters don’t have that luxury. If they go to a coffee shop, their paint dries into a hard mass.”


So maybe I like Steve Martin a little. Haha! Yesterday mom and dad bought us all tickets to see him when he comes to Idaho in July! I am so excited!!

So what have you been reading lately? I am waiting for the library to get more books in for me. Next on my list is Shopgirl, by none other than Steve Martin and Crazy Love and Forgotten God, both by Francis Chan.

2 comments:

  1. Oh, I love Steve Martin - I'll have to check some of these out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've only read Shop Girl and Pleasure of my Company, I loved them both! I'll have to get his other books when I have time to read!

    ReplyDelete