Saturday, March 5, 2011

30x30 remix recap

Hello friends! I am officially finished with my first 30x30 remix challenge! To see my first 15 outits click here. Below are my last 15 outfits. (Click the photo to enlarge.)


This morning my mom asked me if I was done with the challenge and if I was glad that I did it. I said yes to both. From this challenge I have learned the following.

1. I feel better, prettier and more confident when I like my outfit.

2. Taking the extra time to plan an outfit is worth it.

3. My wardrobe is full of endless possibilities.

4. Don't be afraid to take risks with your clothes. Mix and match things you wouldn't normally.

5. You don't need to spend lots of money to look good. Use what you have.

6. Style is something YOU create.

I know many ladies are excited to start shopping again. One of the rules of this challenge is that you cannot purchase new clothes during the 30 days. I on the other hand am still on shopping probation. Being unemployed is really taking a toll on the small savings account I have. I would absolutely love to go shopping for spring! When I was in Target yesterday I about died over all the cute clothes. Instead of dropping money I don't have, I will be taking the lessons I learned through this challenge and applying them with the clothes I have. I am excited for the possibilities and hope that I will be able to look at my wardrobe with new eyes.

So here is to all the ladies that completed this challenge! Congratulations!

*EDIT*
I have been asked why I choose the 30 items that I did and how they worked for me.

Four pants: Jeans are a staple in my wardrobe, so I chose my favorite 3 pairs. If I'm not wearing jeans, you'll probably find me in leggings.

Two skirts: I don't wear many skirts, but wanted to challenge myself to incorporate them in more outfits.

One blazer: The blazer was actually included last minute; I believe I swapped out a flannel shirt for it.

Four cardigans: I am obsessed with cardigans so I tried to pick a wide variety. I knew I especially had to include the green one because I would be lost without it.

Four dresses: The dresses I picked are ones that I have had a difficult time remixing in the past. I typically wear them one way every time and figured I needed to mix them up a bit.

Two sweaters: The green sweater I included because I hadn't worn it in months; the striped one was added because it is relatively new and I wanted to explore new ways of wearing it.

Nine tops: The tops were sort of random picks. I wear vneck tees like they are going out of style. I probably own six or more. So the gray tshirt was a must. The vintage top I had only worn once before and I figured it was important to find different ways to wear it. I included three button up tops because I like the versatility of dressing them up or down.

Five shoes: I tried to pick a wide variety of shoes that would cover most occassions. From super casual with the Converse to more dressy with the Jessica Simpson platforms.

Overall, I was really happy with the choices that I made for my first 30x30 remix challenge. I feel like I had a wide variety of options, it was just a matter of remixing what I chose.

No comments:

Post a Comment