Saturday, February 12, 2011

On Christ The Solid Rock I Stand

Today was the day of our Pastor's funeral. Needless to say, it has been an emotionally draining day. I'm really not sure how to grieve. Pastor was at our church for 14 years, over half my life. He was only 58 years old and leaves behind a big, beautiful family. I hurt so bad for his family and for our congregation. The moving forward is always hard.

One of his brothers gave the sermon based on Pastor's confirmation verse, Proverbs 3:4-6. "Then you will win favor and a good name in the sight of God and man. Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight." Those are some of my favorite verses.

What happened seems so unimaginable and our human minds cannot begin to grasp Pastor's death, but God is not required to make sense to us. Pastor's brother reminded us that laughter and tears, joy and sorrow, go hand in hand and that when Jesus comes again there will be no more tears and sorrow. It is difficult to be the ones left behind here on earth, but praise God that we have hope in Jesus Christ and will be united again in Heaven.

Pastor's death reminds me of how short our time on earth is. Each moment is precious and should not be taken for granted. Say I love you. Walk in faith. Act selflessly. Live boldly.

source

*EDIT: You are welcome to disagree with my beliefs, but I ask you to be respectful or your comments will be deleted.

2 comments:

  1. I think was beautifully written Heather, it brought tears to my eyes.

    ReplyDelete