Monday, February 14, 2011

i would take a bullet for you

I'm not a Valentines girl, but I guess being single 99.99% of my life, that really isn't surprising. This year I am choosing not to be annoyed or depressed by it. I may not have that romantic, mushy-gushy love in my life, but my life does not lack love. I am so blessed to have such a loving family and many dear friends. Above all, I know that I am loved by God and that is far better than any boyfriend.

I wanted to share a few of my favorite Valentines memories with you.

Ten years ago, one of my best guy friends put a rose that he made out of duct tape in my locker along with MXPX lyrics. Super thoughtful, right? I am grateful that to this day I can still call him my friend.

Six years ago, during sophomore year of college, I spent Valentines Day with Ashlee, Caitlin and Laura. We spent the afternoon and evening making vinyl stain glass for our school's worship team. There was conversation hearts, lots of glue and Mat Kearney playing in the background. After we finished we went out for McDonalds and then watched Mean Girls.

Two years ago, I spent the afternoon with my junior high girls small group. After our Bible study we drew mustaches on our fingers and took photobooth pictures. Those girls cracked me up! I sure miss them! After it was over my roommates, Ashlee, Jenny, Jessie, and I went and saw Confessions of a Shopoholic. We picked up dinner at In N Out and came home to watch Fargo. Very romantic.

source

No comments:

Post a Comment