Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Happiness Project February Update

At the end of last month I posted by February goals for my Happiness Project. They are as follows:

1. Stitch a needlework/embroidery sampler (#20)
2. Scrapbook (#10)
3. Finish paintings I’ve already begun & start #24
4. Update my etsy shop (#23)
5. Participate in Kendi’s 30x30

Numbers 1&2 I haven't touched yet, but the month is only half way over and I have the crafting retreat at the end of the month.

The photos below show how I am coming along on #3. The first two are paintings I did back in December and the last two have been hanging around my closet waiting to be finished, which I did this past weekend. Friday I also started sketching for #24. In all of the paintings shown I used the photo transfer process which the lovely Promise explained on The Girls With Glasses Show.

4. With much thought I have decided to close my etsy shop. I was reading Mandy's post about her etsy experience and it made me really consider if this is something I want to continue. While I haven't had a terrible experience with etsy, many of my items have gone inactive and I'm kind of over it. After talking with a friend I think I will create a Big Cartel site to clear out my inventory. I will let you know when it is active if you are interested in a headband or greeting cards.

5. If you have been keeping up with my blog, you can see that I have been participating in Kendi's 30x30 challenge. Today I am officially half way done! While there have been many days I wanted to stay in my pajamas, I was grateful to have this challenge to get me out of bed in the morning and hold me accountable.

Paintings from December


Paintings from February

No comments:

Post a Comment