Monday, February 28, 2011

February Wrap-Up and March Goals

February: Creativity
-Stitch a needlework/embroidery sampler (#20)
-Scrapbook (#10)
-Finish paintings I’ve already begun & start #24
-Update my etsy shop (#23)
-Participate in Kendi’s 30x30

February was another challenging month, but I was glad to have my Happiness Project to focus on. I think I would be lost without it. Here are my final February thoughts and my goals for March.

I didn’t get around to the needlework/embroidery, but I have gotten many other things accomplished.

Scrapbooking was a success this weekend. I wish I could have gotten more done, but I think I’ve finally gotten into a rhythm for digital scrapbooking. I was surprised at the emotions that arose when I was working on my photos. They were from 2007 when I moved to California to attend Concordia for my DCE Certificate (and started my blog). My life then is such a contrast from my life today.

As I showed in my update I finished the paintings I had begun; I even started another. I’m still figuring out how to proceed on my Love painting though. I’ll be sure to share the final product when it is complete.



Also in my previous update, I mentioned that I was closing my etsy shop and would open a Big Cartel shop. This is still in the works, but I will be sure to let you know when it is up and running.

Participating in Kendi’s 30x30 remix challenge has kept me going this month. I always find that I feel better and more confident when I like my outfit. This challenge has motivated me to try new things with my wardrobe; I have paired and combined pieces that I wouldn’t otherwise have. I’m looking forward to utilizing my entire wardrobe in new ways, because I cannot afford to add to my wardrobe. I’ll be finishing up the remix on Friday and I’m working on making my last few outfits some of the best.

So, what is March going to be about? My theme is Work. This is an interesting topic to cover as I don’t have a job. I am still doing Wildtree, but I am looking into getting a full time or part time job so I can save up and move out of my parents’ house. So my goals for the month are as follows.

-Create a routine
-Work smart, work hard
-Apply for ten jobs a week
-Ask for help
-Volunteer
-Book six tastings (for March and into April)

source

1 comment: