Thursday, January 6, 2011

speak now

On Thanksgiving a Taylor Swift special aired on NBC. Maybe you saw it. I love that girl SO much! I appreciate how down to earth, genuine and approachable she is. Taylor was talking about her new album, Speak Now and she said something so profound, that months later, I am still thinking about it. I finally found the exact words on her website.


She said,
"Real life is a funny thing, you know. In real life, saying the right thing at the right moment is beyond crucial. So crucial, in fact, that most of us start to hesitate, for fear of saying the wrong thing at the wrong time. But lately what I've begun to fear more than that is letting the moment pass without saying anything.

I think most of us fear reaching the end of our life, and looking back regretting the moments we didn't speak up. When we didn't say 'I love you.' When we should've said 'I'm sorry.' When we didn't stand up for ourselves or someone who needed help."

Do you relate to this? So often I worry about what to say, so I don't say anything. I know that sometimes keeping things to yourself really is the best thing to do, but if you know how you feel don't be afraid to say it. I want to start speaking up.




source

3 comments:

  1. Love her! Speak now is such a good CD. I love every song. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE her Speak Now CD as well, and think her great integrity is just what the entertainment industry needs right now. Also, I just wanted to say THANK YOU so much for your blog! I so appreciate your sense of style and faith in Jesus! Keep it up, girl!
    ~Olivia

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks for sharing this! It really struck a chord with me, too.

    ReplyDelete