Sunday, January 30, 2011

January Wrap-Up and February Goals

January: Energy
-Go to sleep earlier
-Exercise better
-No coffee or pop
-Act more energetic
-Organize

This month has been interesting to say the least. Perhaps part of me thought my Happiness Project was going to go off without a hitch and that living by my twelve commandments would be a piece of cake. I should know by now that some of the most valuable things in life need to be fought for.

This is a challenging project, but I know that in the end it will be worth the struggle and I will be better for it. My previous update mentioned some struggles I had with my month of energy.

In some ways I am more exhausted and weary that I was before the month started, but I’ve also been dealing with…unexpected life challenges, we’ll call them. (Trust me, you don’t want or need to know all the details.) Emotionally and spiritually it’s been rough, which has definitely affected my ability physically to exercise and sleep. Although, I believe I am leaving January stronger than I began it and for that I am grateful.


Onto February! I am ready to begin a new month, full of new opportunities. I will be continuing my January goals as I move into February and hopefully they will get easier over time.

My topic or theme this month is Creativity. Most of my goals for the month relate back to my 25 before 26 list that I created before my birthday last year. Plus, my mom, sister, aunt and I are also going to a crafting retreat at the end of the month at our church camp. I am excited to have a full weekend of uninterrupted time in the mountains.

-Stitch a needlework/embroidery sampler (#20)
-Scrapbook (#10)
-Finish paintings I’ve already begun & start #24
-Update my etsy shop (#23)
-Participate in Kendi’s 30x30

source

1 comment:

  1. Wow --- u inspire me to have my own 12 months of commandments. I think i JUST MIGHT! Love it. I'll start with February for Love.

    ReplyDelete