Wednesday, December 29, 2010

twelve commandments

I recently started reading The Happiness Project by Gretchen Rubin. I am a little more than half way through it and I am really enjoying it. I am considering doing my own Happiness Project in 2011 and will share as I am planning. As she was working on her resolutions she saw common themes come out and developed her own twelve commandments.


source

This book is causing me to do a lot of thinking, reflecting and searching in my own life. I have developed twelve commandments of my own, two of which I borrowed from Gretchen, and I wanted to share with you, my dear readers. These commandments are what I want to live by in 2011. My hope is that these resolutions will help me in becoming the woman I'm supposed to be and also that they will inspire you to set your own.

1. Be Heather.
2. Be better, not bitter.
3. Enjoy now. Enjoy the process.
4. Keep it simple.
5. Don't make comparisons.
6. Be kind.
7. Save more than I spend.
8. What would I do if I weren't scared?
9. Grow.
10. Stay in touch.
11. Everything adventurous.
12. There is only love.

What are your commandments?


source

3 comments:

  1. i love your blog and the "not all who wonder are lost" quote:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are great aspirations for the new year! I could grow a lot in those areas, too.

    Blessings!
    ♥ Bethany

    www.happyhomemaker.me

    ReplyDelete