Saturday, December 18, 2010

friends. paintings. kindness.

This year, like many before, my besties and I did a Christmas gift exchange. I drew my friend, Megan's name, this year. I wanted her present to be thoughtful and fun. I used Promise's Photo Transfer Process to create this mixed media painting for her. This is this most recent picture of all of us together and it is one of my favorites.








A little over a year ago I met a lovely girl on twitter, Miss Amanda. Who would have thought that we would become such good friends?! Amanda is beautiful inside and out and one of the sweetest girls I know. For our one year "friendversary" I wanted to paint her something. It took a lot longer than I thought so the painting ended up being her birthday present.















1 comment:

  1. i made my sister a canvas kinda like these for her kid's room for Christmas. but guess what? yours are so much better! i love the mixed media picture. i wish i had friends. i mean, i wish i had friends who'd do that for me! i so have friends. i promise ... ;) seriously, these rock!
    YOURS, MINE AND OURS

    ReplyDelete