Sunday, December 19, 2010

art.art.art.

So yesterday I shared a couple of my own paintings and once I get around to taking pictures I will share two more photo transfer pieces I did. Until then I want to share a few artists that I've recently learned about.

Earlier this week my friend Megan was in town (the one I did the painting for) and we decided to take a trip to the Boise Art Museum. We were delighted to see the exhibit by Stephen Knapp. Stephen began as a fine art photographer, but now he does something quite unique. He does lightpainting. Ashlee, Megan and I fell in love with his work. It is breathtaking. We could have sat for hours taking it all in; there is so much detail to see. If you have the opportunity to see one of his exhibits take it! Gorgeous, right? They look even better in person.





I discovered L.A. Ocampo's work when Ashlee and I visited Jenny in Georgia back in October. Her work was being displayed at a little coffee shop in Savannah. I love the dreamy feel of her work and the big eyes of her subjects.







Last but not least, Mr. Ruben Toledo. I picked up a copy of Molly Ringwald's book, Getting Pretty Back, at the library and was mesmerized by the artwork. It looked so familiar and then I realized that Ruben Toledo also illustrated Nina Garcia's books. His artwork is so fun and different. If I ever write a book I want him to illustrate it.





Who are some of your favorite artists? I would love to see some new artwork!

1 comment: