Tuesday, October 26, 2010

update: prayer request

Earlier this month I blogged here about a prayer request I had concerning my former sitter from daycare. I want to thank you for your prayers and sweet comments on that post.

Kathy called my mom a couple weeks ago and told her to tell Ashlee and I that she loves us. That made me feel so good. I was able to see her today and give her a hug and tell her that I love her too.

Last week Kathy officially pled 'not guilty' and a trial date was set. She waved her right to a speedy trial, with the trial being set for 3 weeks in May.

Today was a hard day. Ashlee and I left work to go to the hearing, thinking it would be the usual 30 minutes it has been the past few weeks. The hearings began at 9:00am, but there were probably 15 people on the docket. Around 11:00am, it was finally Kathy's turn.

The bottom line is that the request for the "no contact order" to be modified so that she could see her grandchildren was denied. As I understand it, she can have phone, written and internet contact with those over 12, but absolutely NO contact with the younger ones. Needless to say, the family is devastated, especially with birthdays and Christmas coming up. Stacie, Kathy's daughter, is especially hurting since she is the one who has to try to make her boys understand why they can't even talk to their Grandma.

It's to hard to comprehend the outcome. After the hearing I just wanted to go home and sob for Kathy and her family, instead of going back to work. However, one of the things that the prosecutor brought up is that because Stacie's boys are potential witnesses, they could be threatened or coached to say what the family wants them to say. It occurred to me in trying to understand it all that maybe it will turn out for good. Maybe this will be one less thing the prosecutor can bring up and try to use against Kathy at the trial.

I may not understand this and I may not think what is happening is fair, but I have to believe that God is working in this right now.

Please continue to pray. Pray for strength for the family and that they will trust God through this time. Pray for Kathy's lawyer, for wisdom as he is preparing the case. Pray for the prosecuting attorney, that her heart would be ripped open with the truth. Pray for God to be glorified and the truth to abound.


source

No comments:

Post a Comment