Wednesday, October 13, 2010

my response

Excerpt from, Beautiful Things Happen When A Woman Trusts God by Shelia Walsh.

The truth is every trial, and my response to it, reveals something more about me because it forces me to answer, with either my heart and mind or my behavior:
*I say I trust God, but do I?
*I say God is in control, but will I let go?
*I say God is my deliverer, but will I allow him to vindicate me?
*I say God is my defender, but do I still want to speak up for myself?

And the answer to these kinds of questions? Well, like John Cotton, the highly respected minister among the New England Puritans, was quoted as saying, "As long as there's a wiggle left in you, you're not ready."


source

4 comments:

  1. "I say God is my defender, but do I still want to speak up for myself?"

    Wow, that really spoke to me! Thanks for posting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen!
    Now I want to read that book!
    I think I need to read that book...why is it so easy to be discouraged sometimes?

    I love the John Cotton quote! I'll have to remember that one :-)

    ReplyDelete