Sunday, September 19, 2010

you gotta be kind to yourself

To call these past couple weeks difficult would be an understatement. I've been struggling. A lot. Between work and things in my personal life I've reached a breaking point.

I feel sort of stupid for getting so upset because I know in the whole scheme of things what I'm experiencing isn't the absolute worst thing, but right now I'm heartbroken. I feel stupid for not guarding my heart better and for getting my hopes up once again.

I will be okay eventually. I know I will, but for awhile I'm giving myself permission to be sad and heal.

I want to start taking better care of myself. I think it will help me feel better and move on.

To begin, I am no longer working 60 hour weeks. It is too much to handle, emotionally and physically. Next, I am jumping head first into the new Bible study we are doing at church. Tomorrow I am getting my hair cut and colored as a treat for myself. Also, I am planning to get back into an exercise routine and give myself weekly manis and pedis. Lastly, I am giving myself permission to cry; sometimes there is nothing more healing than a good cry.

I need time, but I think these few small things will help me move forward and boost my confidence.


source

1 comment: