Saturday, September 25, 2010

trust

As you may know from reading my post on Sunday, I've been having a hard time. I know that life will never be easy, but lately I have felt so weary and beaten down. Luckily, this week was much better than last week even though it started out rough.



I have taken better care of myself and I'm feeling good. After getting my hair done (red!), working out four times (Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred), and a couple new dresses (Target will be my downfall), I feel happier, more confident and ready for whatever is next for me.

I have to admit I'm still a little heartbroken, but I believe with all my heart that God knows what is best for me and I am surrendering my life and the people in my life to Him. I know I've said the same thing before, but this time I feel like I'm finally letting go of the past.

I am once again learning how to trust. It is scary, but it is also freeing.



Currently I am reading Beautiful Things Happen When A Women Trusts God, by Sheila Walsh. I just started Chapter Eight called, Trusting God with Your Fear- The Beauty of Taking a Step Forward. Oh the irony. It is exactly what I need to hear, but I suppose God knew that.

The chapter began with this quote:

Let us be like a bird for a moment perched
On a frail branch when he sings;
Though he feels it bend, yet he sings his song.
Knowing that he has wings.
-Victor Hugo



Shelia also included these verses from Proverbs. I've heard them many times before, as they are some of my go-to verses, but I've never read them from the Message paraphrase before.

Trust God from the bottom of your heart; don't try to figure out everything on your own. Listen for God's voice in everything you do, everywhere you go; he's the one who will keep you on track. Don't assume that you know it all. Run to God!
Proverbs 3:5-7 MSG

God is so good. Even when life is hard, God is still good. Even though I'm still uncertain with where I'm headed I can finally place my complete trust in God and His plan for my life.


source

2 comments:

  1. I think I need that book! I'm totally learning to trust with fear lately! I'm scared out of my mind about my classes but I know this is where God placed me so I'm persevering because the reward will be great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really love this post.. and I needed to read it. Thank you, friend!

    ReplyDelete