Thursday, September 2, 2010

21 & 22

Remember this list? I have already crossed two things off it!

21. Go on a hike
22. Go to Canada

When I was writing my list I never really thought I would be able to go to Canada; I just couldn't see how it would be possible. God knew better. On mine and Ashlee's birthday Jenny's mom texted and asked if we would want to surprise Jenny and go to Canada with their family. We checked with work and asked if we could get a couple days off to go. With everything in order the only thing we had to do was wait two weeks and try to keep our mouths shut so that Jenny wouldn't find out we were coming.

Friday morning, August 13th, Ashlee and I flew up to Seattle, Deb picked us up from the airport and drove us to Arlington to surprise Jenny. On the way there Deb said, "If Jenny says, 'I knew all along' I'm going to punch her." Haha! Jenny is not easy to surprise, but all our silence worked. Ashlee and I snuck up the stairs of their house and surprised Jenny! It was AMAZING! We spent the day hanging out. In the evening we met Megan and Janelle at Claim Jumpers for dessert. Most of our time together was spent laughing hysterically. It was absolutely wonderful!





Saturday morning we had one more surprise for Jenny: Janelle was coming too! We hit the road, with a quick stop at Starbucks and lots of mix cds to sing along to. We arrived in Whistler before check in so we changed into our swimsuits and spent some time in the swimming pool. After dinner we went out to the village and had drinks with Bob and Deb. When we got back to the hotel we changed back into our swimsuits and spent the rest of the evening enjoying the hot tub and drinking margaritas. So much laughing!







Sunday was unbelievable! We took the gondola up Whistler mountain and across to Blackcomb mountain. As a girl who is not fond of heights, it made me pretty nervous, but the views were breathtaking. On Blackcomb we went on a short hike and ate lunch. One of my favorite parts was going down the mountain on the chair lift. Even more laughing! The afternoon consisted of more time at the pool and lots of girl talk. We had delicious pizza for dinner and then Janelle, Ashlee, Jenny and I went to Chitta's for drinks/shots and people watching.















The weekend ended all too quickly and none of us wanted to leave Canada and go back to reality. Monday was spent driving back to Seattle. Unfortunately there was construction and accidents so it took much longer than we orignally anticipated. After stopping in Arlington and saying goodbye to Jenny, Janelle raced us to the airport so we could fly home.

I feel so blessed that I was able to spend this time with some of my closest friends. I didn't realize how much I needed this time with them. These girls know my heart, speak truth into my life and can make me laugh until I cry. I cannot wait until I can see them again.

Stay tuned for continued updates on how my list is progressing.

No comments:

Post a Comment