Thursday, August 12, 2010

Five Loves

1. L'oreal Ever Pure Shampoo and Conditioner, Rosemary and Mint
After I got my hair colored the last time I knew I wanted to find some sulfate free shampoo. Sulfate is not good for your hair or the environment. I was pleasantly surprised to find this shampoo and conditioner by L'oreal. Not only is it sulfate free, but it also smells amazing. Plus, with long hair I usually have to squeeze a handful of shampoo in my hair before it lathers up, with this I don't have to use very much at all. I definitely recommend giving this a try.


2. The Hangover
I have to say while watching the Golden Globes I was so disappointed when The Hangover one the Comedy/Musical category. Granted I had never seen the movie, but I was in love with 500 Days of Summer and I thought the category was bogus. I mean since when can comedies be compared with musicals? In February, while in Seattle, Jenny stayed the night at our hotel and we watched The Hangover with my mom. OMG! After seeing it I could totally understand why it won a globe. When Jenny and Janelle were here in July we could not stop quoting it so I finally bought myself a copy. Yes, there are some crude parts, but overall I find it really funny.







3. Nook
My parents bought Ashlee and I Nook's for our birthday! In May while in Seattle, Jenny, Ashlee and I stumbled into a Barnes and Noble to kill time and ended up talking with an employee about Nooks. I'd heard of Kindles, but was really impressed with what the employee had to say about Nooks. I was surprised to get one for my birthday, but I am loving it! With a Nook you can download books from any source, not just Amazon. Plus, when my dad bought ours the sales associate told us that if we like the same books we should just set up one account, so whatever books we buy will go to both Nooks. I just finished Kendra Wilkinson's new book on it and am starting Sense and Sensibility. I am so excited for the convenience and flexibility of owning a Nook.



4. Marian Jordan
Back in February Jenny told me that she bought me a book that I just had to read. It was Wilderness Skills for Women by Marian Jordan. Jenny and God knew that was exactly what I needed to hear. Marian shares her own life experiences in a humorous and sometimes serious manner. I love that she is genuine and shares her own mistakes and lessons. Once I finished that I ordered her other books, The List and Sex and The City Uncovered. I loved them too! I definitely need to re-read them all again. Maybe I'll even get ebook versions for my Nook! She has a new book coming out soon called Radiant. (See Jenny's post on The List here.)



5. Max & Margaux's Wedding & Mat & Annie's Wedding
This one is a little strange for me because lately weddings and engagements make me gag. Lol. I've never been one of those girls who have been planning there weddings since they were little and I probably won't be married for years, but I think these weddings are gorgeous. These weddings are like candy for your eyes. The Max and Margaux wedding has been ALL over the internet lately because it is so adorable. I absolutely love it because it's creative and unique and so fun. I also love Mat and Annie's wedding in Tennessee. Her necklace is amazing. (Yes, that is Mat Kearney.)

Max and Margaux












Mat and Annie









source

No comments:

Post a Comment