Friday, July 9, 2010

painting: loved. cherished. chosen

Yesterday I took out my paints to try to create something that has been in my head for months. In one of Marian Jordan's books that I read (I'm not sure which one) she talked about being loved by God, cherished by God and chosen by God. I think that in the midst of living sometimes we forget those truths and just how important and real they are. Those words stuck with me ever since and I've been wanting to put it on canvas somehow. Yesterday was the day! The idea was really simple, but I didn't think I was going to be able to finish it yesterday. After a little break I went back to it and got it done. This has been in my head for so long I'm still getting used to seeing it in real life, but I think I like how it turned out.












canvas: 16"x20"

No comments:

Post a Comment