Wednesday, May 12, 2010

wardrobe wednesday

The typical outfit when working at the fire center is an old tee shirt, old jeans, old shoes and if you're cold, an old sweatshirt. If you really want to make a fashion statement, you could wear an old baseball hat. Plus, when you have to leave the house by 6:30am to work in a warehouse makeup becomes a hassle. If I'm feeling fancy I might throw a little blush over my foundation. Needless to say I have been feeling pretty drab. Here are some lovely things I would like to wear instead of my old, dirty clothes all the time.

Also, tomorrow is my "last day" at the fire center until summer. I'm not sure when we'll start work for summer, it just depends on the fire season. Today Ashlee and I were asked if we have plans for after the fire season, like in September. Ashlee told our supervisor that besides school we'll be around, so they are going to train us to use the computer system, which means that we might have work after the fire season is over. I'm not very fond of working in a warehouse, but besides making great money, I realized this past week how my work there really is making a difference in the lives of fire fighters and those affected by fires. So while I don't want to do this long term, for now I'll take what I can get and be grateful for this opportunity.

I think I'll dress up Friday just for fun to celebrate being done with work for awhile!














source: weheartit

3 comments:

  1. GAHHHH!!! those teal shoes are so gorge!!! I am dying right now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So those shoes? I agree with Jenny. Also -- kind of want the whole outfit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely LOVE that owl ring. Oh myy gosh it's precious!

    ReplyDelete