Saturday, April 24, 2010

up up update

So many things have been happening that it is so difficult to keep up. Today Ashlee, Mom and I lead a Spring Tune Up Fitness Day for the women at our church. We did self assessments to see where we were physically, spiritually, emotionally and mentally. From there Ashlee and I lead a 20 minute workout. She had a brilliant idea to have everyone bring 2 cans of food to use as weights and then we donated them to the Boise Rescue Misson! After the workout we had a delicious salad bar for lunch. Then I lead a 40 minute Bible study about making changes and facing challenges. To end the day, some of the women joined us at our house to watch Facing the Giants and do a relaxing foot spa. Overall, it was a wonderful day!

On April 12th, Ashlee flew back home from a week in Seattle with Jenny and Jenny's mom. That day Ashlee and I got a package in the mail. It was from my darling twitter friend, Amanda. It is truly amazing because we have never met in real life, but thanks to social networking we have connected. I consider Amanda to be one of my dearest friends, she has such a sweet spirit and is the greatest encourager. I adore her so much. In the package from Amanda was this beautiful friendship bracelet and a sweet card. Now Amanda, Ashlee, Jenny and I have these matching bracelets. It totally made my day! I wear it, and another bracelet from her, all the time. I love that God has connected us. I can't wait for the day when we can meet in person!

You can get your own bracelets HERE and a portion of the proceeds with go to American Cancer Society!


Friendship Bracelet


With the other bracelet she made me.

Then, if that wasn't cool enough, on April 15th I won Miss James' Bleubird Vintage twitter giveaway! I got a $25 gift certificate to use in her AMAZING shop!



It was so difficult to decide what to get because everything was adorable. Finally I settled on the Cardinal Retro Dress, circa 1970. I am in LOVE with this dress!




Isn't it adorable?!?

Did you notice my shoes in the pictures? I have to give credit to Miss James for those as well! I saw her DIY for these saddle shoes back in October, but I finally decided it was time to make some! I love how they turned out!



So I think that is just about everything new in my life. Oh, did you notice my hair? I got some highlights so I can slowly work my way back to my natural color without having to do a horrible bleach wash. Fill me in on what is new in your life!

2 comments:

  1. AWW thank you so much for writing about my bracelets :) it means SO much to me. Thank you for being such an amazing friend. I love love love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. omg cutest dress ever!! I am SO borrowing that sometime! haha.

    ReplyDelete